Thursday, July 12, 2007

Loved Whether I Like It Or Not

I grew up in the Middle West on a farm. My household consisted of ma and dada and my blood brother and me. Iodine was the oldest, born to a ma who liked to over achieve. She really was and is a singular woman. The job was that I felt more than than than and more pressure level as I grew up to be more than I could be. Somewhere Iodine got it in my caput that I was loved more than when I did good things. People noticed me. Strangers commented that they had heard of me. It helped (and hurt) that I lived in a little town environment where everybody knew everybody. My parents were large clip husbandmen in the area, so everybody knew me before I knew them from my parents. I felt all through my growth up old age that I was supposed to be superior, that the baseline was well above average. If I was going to attain it and acquire the awards I wanted, I was going to have got to really excel. So I did.

I was the squad captain and the star jock and the shining illustration (sometimes) of what I thought everybody wanted me to be. I liked the attending I got, and I really was pretty good at a batch of things. I got noticed a lot, and liked it. The job came as I got older, because somewhere I learned that I needed to stand out to be loved. Being loved just for who Iodine was remained a conception foreign to me. I could only attach being loved to performing well. So I pushed to execute well. All the time. I thought it was the lone option I had.

When I became a Christian, I put a end for myself the first hebdomad after I decided to follow Jesus; I wanted to be the best Christian that ever lived. And I put my head to it and worked difficult for it. See anything incorrect with this picture? It had go so entrenched in my having to execute for attending and love that I was going about having a human relationship with Supreme Being the same way. I knew that Supreme Being loved me, but I figured I was going to acquire more than loved or loved longer if I was really a great Christian. Iodine worked many old age as a truster to depository financial institution up hours so that I would acquire loved when I wasn't so lovable.

Taking in the undeniable fact that I am completely loved – end of sentence- have been really hard. I can acquire my head around being loved if I have got earned it. But to accept it just because? That 1 blows my mind. I really am in the thick of it right now – acquisition to cognize I am loved, and to dwell from that 'knowing' have got been the simplest and most hard lesson of my Christian walking in the 25 old age I have known Him. I am humiliated to state that I still happen it far easier to work out my redemption than it is to know, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I am loved. I'm working on it. I inquire if I work harder if I can acquire Supreme Being to love me more.

I am trying to see myself through God's eyes, not my own. I look different through that lens. I cognize in my caput that He made me. Now I am trying to allow my bosom know. I recognize that I am unique, just as I am, without doing anything. That 1 is a small difficult to swallow, because when I reflect on my life there is a batch there that ain't existent pretty. Choosing to believe that he cognizes all the debris and all the gifts and loves me profoundly anyway – well, that's absolutely mind blowing.

I am finding in the center of the battle that when I get to know, even on the shallowest of levels, that He really loves me, it go forths me a small better off. I happen it easier to love myself, to forgive others, to overlook trivial things, and to dwell in a saving grace that tin literally travel the world. I am beginning to cognize I am loved, not because of anything I have got done or could do, but simply because I am loved – His choice, not mine.

So I am learning to dwell without performance, and remainder in His limitless offering of love regardless; regardless of the points I work to gain; regardless of the sinfulness that still malodors up my life; regardless of the one thousands of ways I believe I should be eliminated. I am learning to allow Supreme Being be God, and halt telling him how to make his job.

No comments: